Marketing Strategy and Marketing Strategy and Tactical Support for Stylus Media Group
The client: Stylus Media Group (SMG), a global group of companies which help businesses strengthen their innovation and creative capabilities.
The challenge: During a period of rapid growth and change at SMG, Make Happy was asked to provide interim Chief Marketing Officer level support to help Stylus achieve its ambitious growth plans.
Our solution: Make Happy embedded a senior Marketing Director into the business. The Director was based in the client’s office for up to four days a week. They delivered CMO level strategic direction focused on achieving growth for the business and raising awareness of the group’s companies. We then also embedded a tactical team on a flexible basis to assist the in-house team with a number of deliverables, including:
- social media
- email marketing
- events organisation
- integration of new marketing technology
This greatly enhanced the efficiency and capacity of the internal team to both develop and deliver the growth strategy.
Results: Stylus Media Group exceeded its growth targets. Our key successes over the year included:
- Launching a brand new programme of revenue generating events around the world.
- Integrating new technology to make marketing process more effective and easier to analyse.
- Launched Stylus Life, a free news service designed to build brand awareness.
- Conducted several successful advertising campaigns including sponsored content on LinkedIn, which increased the number of leads passed to the sales team by 20%.