Charterhouse’s latest research report ‘Back to Creativity,’ predicts an increasing trend of marketing executives seeking ‘back up’ from third party agencies. As numbers of in-house marketing personnel drop despite a recent explosion in numbers of media channels, 67% of marketing executives say they are now expected to combat rising work loads with shrinking resources. This has led to over 50% seeking outside help in the form of marketing agencies.
However, the introduction of agencies often forces executives to manage the co-ordination of the relationship, leaving little time for adding creative. Charterhouse provide these key factors to ensure marketeers remain marketeers:
1. Sharing through good communication
2. Empower junior employees and standardise approval processes
3. Closer inter-departmental relationships
4. Continual appraisals
5. Being realistic about budget
6. Digitise the administration