The client: University College London (UCL).
The challenge: UCL approached Make Happy to help them design and deliver a series of workshops as part of their Global Citizenship Programme. The focus of these sessions was to teach participants about social business and to support them to develop their own social business ideas.
Our approach: Working closely with the team at UCL, we developed a series of workshops to be delivered over nine days. Using our extensive experience of working with start-ups and social businesses, we focused on designing highly interactive sessions that would give students valuable tools, theories and processes which they could apply to build their business ideas.
Our solution: Using a mixture of of engaging presentations covering key ideas and theories, case studies, guest speakers, and group collaboration we worked with over 100 students. The programme we delivered covered key topics including:
- How to use the Social Business Canvas to model a business
- How to develop compelling value propositions
- How to gain greater customer insight and segment your target audience
- How to build powerful teams and better understand personal working styles
- How to present effectively and develop investor pitches
The results: The training programme provided an excellent foundation for the students. They came away with the confidence that they had the creative abilities to develop an enterprise that is not only beneficial but also self-sufficient.
We are now about to run the course for the third year.